GALLERY COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Artereal Gallery is one of Australia’s distinguished contemporary art galleries, with a commitment to working with both emerging and established artists with experimental art practices, underpinned by a discerning curatorial approach.
Artereal Gallery’s Gallery Coordinator will work closely with the Gallery Manager to assist in the day to day running of the gallery and the administrative coordination involved in presenting the gallery’s monthly exhibition schedule. The role will also involve working with the gallery’s stable of represented artists and supporting them in an administrative and logistical capacity.
The Gallery Coordinator role is a full time role. Remuneration package based on experience.
To support the Gallery Manager by assisting with all administrative and logistical aspects of running the gallery.
- Develop and maintain the Gallery’s databases.
- General registrar duties – managing all artworks coming in and out of the gallery, managing the gallery’s stockroom etc.
- Assisting with the installation and de-installation of all exhibitions.
- Responsibility for all daily administrative tasks including the production of gallery assets and documents and maintenance of the gallery’s website and organisational systems.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- At least two years experience within a relevant arts organization or commercial gallery.
- A genuine interest in and knowledge of Australian visual arts.
- A degree in Fine Arts or Art History (or similar).
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills including experience working across social media.
- The ability to work competently across programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Attention to detail and tenacity, with the ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Retail sales experience within a successful commercial gallery, retail operation or similar.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure as well as be flexible within your role.
- The ability to contribute to a close-knit team environment.
To express your interest in this role please send a cover letter and CV to Rhianna Walcott by 21st September: